Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

window Sign In/Join 
posted
shoild bathrooms have windows

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I think it is nice to have some natural light if possible, but not absolutely necessary with a good, functioning vent fan.
We currently have one (includes a first floor laundry) that has no window, but plan eventually to have a skylight in the vaulted ceiling. Wink

Posts: 9436 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with conrad. Windows are nice but not neccessary.

Except my experience with skylights has not been good and I would put in a skytube instead. They provide as much light and don't have the potential for leaks as much. (that is an improper sentence but you know what I mean Smile)

Edited to add: If the only place for a window is in a shower/tub I would NOT have one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: metwo,

Posts: 6734 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I like the tubes too, but we have skylights on our 3 season porch and always enjoyed watching the thunder storms through them. They have been up 19 years and not a leak yet. Wink

Guess I also want to see the sky/clouds/moon, etc.

I recall one house we looked at that had a large skylight in the master bedroom...(over the bed). I could not imagine getting much sleep during the fuller moon phases. Eek

Posts: 9436 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I can understand wanting to see the storms... I just go outside Smile.

I have not had good experience with skylights but I know that it is a limited experience. Can't imagine a skylight over the bed.... unless it has a remote control shade. The moon can be soooo bright some times.

Posts: 6734 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post