Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Selling New York
  Emeril Lagasse's Townhouse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emeril Lagasse's Townhouse Sign In/Join 
posted
Did you see this episode? That townhouse was stunning. His wife is a designer? Wow! She can decorate my house any day as her taste is impeccable.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lavern2
posted Hide Post
I saw it and I agree, his home was gorgeous.

However, I've tried and tried to like those Kleier women, but (not trying to be mean) they just come across as so fake to me.

Posts: 1026 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: Jan 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavern2:

However, I've tried and tried to like those Kleier women, but (not trying to be mean) they just come across as so fake to me.

Compared to the agents on Selling L.A., I think the Kleiers seem pretty down-to-earth...LOL!

Posts: 1893 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MsWildhack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavern2:

Really? The Kleiers are the best thing about SNY, as far as I'm concerned.

------------------------------------------------
I've been around...well, all right, I might not have been around, but I've been....nearby.
-from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Jun 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
So sorry I missed this episode; would have loved to have seen Bam-Bam's townhome. I am sure it will be repeated soon :>)

As for the Kleiers, they are truly a piece(s)of work. As a native New Yorker, I find their types familiar: not too blunt, but very focused and business-like. And, not at all abrasive. For all their forced smiles, they can be reserved and clannish, but that doesn't bother me. Overall, they are very appealing.

And, they sure pack a lot of moxie into their tiny frames, don't they? Love their enormous handbags.

Posts: 5291 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that Emeril's townhouse was a real show stopper. I wonder if he sold it. I heard he bought a new place near Destin, FL. I think his children are all in the south so he didn't use the NYC place as much as before. He is probably looking for a more relaxed pace of life and natural beauty. He'll find it on the northern Gulf coast.

I think the Kleiers are very good agents and, compared to LA, more authentic. They handle their clients with finesse and professionalism. They seem like a close knit family and very supportive of each other's work. They've built an enviable family business, and the women are real deal makers. Good for them, and they have great taste in bags and shoes!

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChloeGT:
Did you see this episode? That townhouse was stunning. His wife is a designer? Wow! She can decorate my house any day as her taste is impeccable.

I second that. I am useless when it comes to designing a house out of the box.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any business person cheating on the rules of a message board is sure to cheat their customers.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post