Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Selling New York
  What happened to Selling NY & LA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Selling NY & LA Sign In/Join 
posted
I'm in a state of total withdrawal shock...

Thursday Night was my best best night of the week...

Watching Selling New York and LA was just the greatest fun...

So are they gone... no more new shows..

To be honest, I'm not even sure how new the shows were, but they were new to me..

Question:
What happened?

Choices:
don't understand what goes here
don't understand what goes here

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On hiatus, new season for each starting in the fall. Follow the Kleiers or Kennon Earl on twitter, they sometimes tweet updates.

Posts: 329 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On hiatus until when? Don't do Twitter. Really miss Selling New York!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of webenomads
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whynotswim:
On hiatus until when?

As LAinLA said, "new season for each starting in the fall."

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jan 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
I wish HGTV would use the people from Selling NY for the OASIS HOUSE--- can you imagine how cool and modern it would look.

Posts: 3057 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MLS8
posted Hide Post
Really- Most of the country do not like NewYork! Their was no connection!! Please remodle MOBILE HOMES! That is what alot of familes are having to live-in now.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are actually on now..Selling New York at a different time on Thursday evenings, but Selling LA has dissappeared, probably between seasons now.

Posts: 6 | Location: Chelsea New York | Registered: Mar 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with the OP - I looked forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and enjoying the Selling NY show. Nope, never been there and will never live there (even if I had the money) but it's fascinating to me to watch. As a professional interior decorator and stager I love how often they stress the necessity of having a home well staged.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really hope that show would take off and be a hit. I love both the NY and LA versions. I was hoping that we see more Cities like Miami and Chicago and possibly DC...

Posts: 67 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just googled the Kleiers for the first time after watching some reruns of Selling NY. Nothing was handed to Michele Kleier. She was a computer programmer in PA, then moved to NYC and eventually switched careers when her kids were young. Her son Jonathan died in 2009 of a rare heart condition. The family blog will break your heart. Hopefully the Kleiers will return to HGTV. Unfortunately, the fate of the show is still being determined.

Posts: 52 | Location: To chat about shows | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of webenomads
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris C.:
Hopefully the Kleiers will return to HGTV.

I had not known anything about Michele Kleier's background, but she always seemed like a pretty down-to-earth lady -- despite the millions she must be worth!

I also Googled her and discovered (from the kleiers.com website and also at the link below) that ABC Family has signed on for "Hot Property," a one-hour drama based on a book written by "Selling New York" matriarch Michele Kleier and her daughters, Samantha and Sabrina. No word on when it would air.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...y-tv-show-abc-430351

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jan 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How interesting. Good for them. Sounds like it could be a fun show.

Posts: 52 | Location: To chat about shows | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Selling NY was just on in the central time zone at 6 am! Do they care if people can find the few shows they put on? It seems like the Property Bros. get lots of promotion and that they selectively promote anything else.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot for the life of me figure out the HGTV programming. I don't want or need 2-3 hours every night of Property Brothers or Love It or List It. Why not go back to the programming of a couple of years ago when we had different shows every night? I love Selling New York and Selling LA. I wish they'd bring them back to the evening instead of 6:00 AM CDT.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post