Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

?? Granite top Sign In/Join 
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted
We're finally renovating our kitchen after 21 years!!! I'm a creamy cabinet kind of gal, stainless steel appliances. We're going to install hardwood black floors in the kitchen and breakfast area... it has tile now. I would really love your opinion on this granite... like I said, I'm creamy, I don't like big and bold, I like a room to look peaceful and restful, when you walk in you just want to say ahhhh, and let your shoulders relax. Be honest, tell me what you think, I value all and any opinions!!! http://www.google.com/imgres?i...=0CDQQ9QEwAg&dur=505

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to use a darker stone to get more of a contrast with your cabinetry or everything will end up with too much contrast with the black floor. A medium to dark brown may be a better choice for the floor.

Posts: 732 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally agree with Chuck Steak. I don't think that the light countertops and cabinets would look good with the black floors. Go to a granite supplier that has slabs, take along samples of the cabinet door and flooring. Tell them what you want to do and see what choices that you have. Not all granite is big and bold there are many choices that will give you some color without lots of movement and pattern.

Posts: 3047 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
http://www.hgtv.com/kitchens/s...pictures/page-2.html

This is the look I'm going for. Start at Picture 1 for a full view.

We have a huge quarry just about 6 miles away, I've spent many an hour there! I fell in love with many Marble slabs, didn't know they were Marble, I thought they were all granite. I know I don't want Marble for a counter top, too porous, I've heard some disaster stories about getting things spilled on them (red wine) and having a permanent stain. But the Marble is just so pretty.

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feel your pain regarding how gorgeous marble can be but I also have it only in my main bath not in the kitchen. It is much too porous and will soak up spills.

Posts: 3047 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post