Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Coordinating wood floors and cabinets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coordinating wood floors and cabinets Sign In/Join 
posted
We have natural (no stain) red oak floors in the kitchen and now need to replace the cabinets. I like the look of maple or cherry cabinets, but in many photos I've seen the cabinet and floor don't look good together, especially when the cabinets are light and the floor is light or when one has a yellow hue and the other, a red hue. I suppose a darker cherry would look OK with the light Oak floor or, we could go with white cabinets which would look great with the floor. Can anyone offer any wisdom on this decision? Thanks.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are unable to make the wood tones look good by trying to match them, you would be better off going for a contrasting look. Either painted white or a darker stain.

Posts: 804 | Registered: Jul 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Painted kitchen cabinets are the best option for changing the look in your kitchen and also easy to maintain.

STONE TILES

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post