Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  New Vinyl Kitchen Flooring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Vinyl Kitchen Flooring Sign In/Join 
Picture of levittowner
posted
Due to flood in kitchen, I needed to replace my laminate floor. It was beautiful. The new floor I chose from Shaw flooring was a new vinyl that looks like wood. It is very beautiful. My problem is it makes my kitchen look shabby. I have white cabinets, but now they look dull. The color of my flooring is Rainforest Teak. How do I brighten up my kitchen now that the flooring is in?

Posts: 1 | Location: Levittown | Registered: May 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you post a px?

Posts: 6722 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use some light effect to brighten your kitchen. You can either use the carpet for your flooring to make your cabinet look brighten or change the ply of your white Kitchen Cabinets according to flooring color.

Posts: 2 | Location: 139 Tunicflower Ln Princeton Junction, NJ 08550 | Registered: Jul 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle_
posted Hide Post
Something new sometimes makes something older look not so new. I call this the ripple effect, one project leading to another. A picture would help...but in the meantime, would you consider painting the cabs with fresh coat of white paint? Otherwise, a good cleaning using those mr. eraser pads to remove stubborn marks.

Posts: 504 | Location: NE PA | Registered: Jul 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just brighten up your kitchen. you can search in the net.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
What color are your walls? Adding a rich wall color can do wonders. What color are your countertops and appliances? Evaluate the lighting in this space too. Posting a pic would help with suggestions.

Posts: 18382 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started to post and then noticed it's another old thread reopened (twice, actually) for advertising.

Posts: 414 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post