Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clean cabinet Sign In/Join 
posted
Good afternoon

I planning on painting my kitchen cabinets,but I realize I need to clean off the grease build up .

What is the best product to clean the cabinets with.

Gwen

Posts: 501 | Registered: Sep 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Cheapest and most efficient for me (especially for expanses of surfaces like cabinets or concrete floors) has always been granular TSP, dissolved in warm water and washed with a rag. You can find TSP in a paint, hardware or home store. One does need to go over the surfaces with a clear water rinsed rag, to rinse any TSP residue off, in most cases.
It is drying to skin, so if you are sensitive, wear vinyl gloves when using it.

Posts: 9652 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use industrial cleaning solution that are available from many stores. If that is made of metal use metal polisher instead. But for me after I purchase doors from http://caldwells.com/interior-doors/flush-doors as replacement for our closet doors, I am then using detergent powder to cleans it.

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: Apr 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In these days, Most of the kitchen cabinets are constructed with tiles, Which are best for frequent cleaning. In tiles also, Various kinds are there at best prices. Better to go with natural home remedies to clean up the cabinet.

[url="http://www.jerusalemstoneuk.co.uk/"]HONED STONE TILE[/url]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The spammers now are not just irritating but now they speak in jibberish.

Cabinets made of tile? Various kinds?

Posts: 7125 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Wilma Flintstone probably had rock cabinets. Sort of like tile. In these days, I am sure she also would have used home remedies to clean up with.

Posts: 9652 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my, I plain forgot about Wilma! I have always admired her stone cabinets. So unique and trend setting.

Smile

Posts: 7125 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Good Grief! This was one humorous thread...from the sublime to the ridiculous. I am curious tho as to where tiled cabinets are on the planet.

Posts: 18704 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post