Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Your Review on a Good Microwave
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Review on a Good Microwave Sign In/Join 
Picture of lefthanded_granny
posted
My 5 yr old 1.5 cu ft 950w Fridgidare microwave is being replaced. Not because I want to but because of contractor error. Now I have a chance to upgrade and would like to know what is out there that I should consider. Any suggestions? I don't need anything fancy like a convection. I see options on microwaves have come a long way.

Posts: 167 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find I do not use any of those options(quick buttons). Size is the most important to me. Do you use your micro to reheat or cook? I bought based on the size of my largest container taking into consideration the turntable ( oh, how I dislike thee turntable!).

Posts: 6768 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I'm on my second Sharp Carousel Microwave. My first one lasted 15 years, and this one is 7 years old. Never had a problem with the first one until it died. I think 15 years was long enough. The carousel makes sure things get done evenly and the one I have is 1200 watt and 2.0cu.ft.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7301 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post