Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  I'm looking for a black, faux slate, groutable floor tile....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm looking for a black, faux slate, groutable floor tile.... Sign In/Join 
posted
I'm looking for a black, faux slate, groutable floor tile. It's not a porcelain; I guess it would be considered vinyl, although it seems more of a rubber. We saw the product at Menards about two years ago. It has the texture of natural slate. We weren't ready to do the project yet, so we waited. What we are finding now is not textured, not black and looks like a "photo"; all the tiles look the same. NOT what I want! The tiles are 12x18", and our Panda Express has it on the walls of the dining area. I can't find the tile or a manufacturer anywhere on the web. Please help!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose you've asked at Menards and Panda Express? Dura Ceramic tiles have texture and variety. You can grout or not as you wish. I don't think you can get rectangular tiles, though.

Posts: 3393 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding. The Panda Express location didn't have the details so I have emailed their corporate office. Menards referred me to their website and a that was a dead end. I have looked at many manufacturer sites and don't find what I want. I believe the tile was also a peel and stick. With the textured surface, it seemed like it would be great in a kitchen, plus, it "looked" like natural slate, without the installation hassles; could be spaced and grouted, but not mandatory.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post