HGTV Message Boards
French Door Refrigerator recommendation

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4841057842/m/5153945467

Nov 04, 2012, 03:15 PM
luv2bake
French Door Refrigerator recommendation
Can anyone recommend a brand of french door style refrigerator that they are happy with? Have you discovered any cons to that style?
Nov 04, 2012, 03:18 PM
sms29s66
Mine is a GE Profile and I would recommend it. My only complaint is that it is not easy for me to get down into the back of the freezer to clean it, but that is due to my age and girth. The rest of the refrigerator is much easier to take apart and clean than any other I have owned.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,
Nov 04, 2012, 03:45 PM
luv2bake
I did look at the GE Profile; glad to know that you are happy with it. It's only after you have the fridge for a while that you find out what the cons are. Thanks for sharing the cleaning problem, I'll keep it in mind.
Nov 05, 2012, 08:06 AM
16paws
I have an Electrolux that I am very pleased with. The Stainless Steel is extremely easy to take care of and doesn't show fingerprints. They sent me the temperature controlled drawer for free because they had a lot in stock, it is great. Really like the freezer on the bottom.
Nov 07, 2012, 11:15 AM
Jewel
Another vote for the GE Profile. Ours is french-door, with ice/water dispensor, freezer on the bottom. It replaced a Whirlpool side-by-side. Much nicer/easier now to find space for large dishes and pizza boxes.
Nov 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
JulieE
Definitely read the reviews! We went with an LG french door with water and absolutely love it!!!

Many salesperson's told me stay with LG or Samsung.
Nov 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
luv2bake
I appreciate the recommendations, but it looks like a french door model is not going to fit in the space I have. I'm pretty disappointed and will continue to search for something with suitable dimensions, but it doesn't look promising. I will also look at 2 door freezer on the bottom models. Wish me luck.
Nov 26, 2012, 12:00 AM
just josie
LG French Door*Stainless Steel* 2 drawers, both freezer drawers.

No small children so I didn't want a snack drawer. I love mine....it's easy to keep clean. I use the stainles steel wipes about once a week and they look brand new....all the time!

j
Dec 15, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hammerhugger
Just purchased a new home in AZ and we bought a french door Frigidaire with no ice or water on the outside (I have had the water on the outside and it was always a mess). So ours has an icemaker inside and a bottom freezer. I have yet to find out if I like it.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon
Apr 24, 2013, 11:02 PM
Becky42
bump