Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Couldn't wait to share...Before and after kitchen pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couldn't wait to share...Before and after kitchen pics Sign In/Join 
posted
What started out as wanting to add a back splash, turned into this. And even though the back splash isn't installed yet, I wanted to share anyway Smile
Before...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JulieE,

Posts: 658 | Registered: Feb 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After...
We added under cabinet lighting, granite counter tops, (there is also a desk area to the right of the fridge) granite under mount sink, ORB faucet and new stainless steel appliances. And still to come... the full tumbled travertine subway tile back splash will be installed on Monday. All this plus 2 bathrooms in granite for just under $15k. Pretty happy with that! (But I guess it's a pretty expensive "back splash" lol)
Next project...new wood floors!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JulieE,

posted Hide Post
WOW....the kitchen is gorgeous!! Funny how these DIY projects snowball.

Posts: 57 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: Aug 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the granite you chose. It provides a complimentary contrast to the rich color of your cabinets. Lovely kitchen.

Posts: 3106 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kitchen Designr
posted Hide Post
Awesome - killer kitchen. Best feature bar far is the under mount lighting. Match that up with the reflective granite and you kitchen pops. Well done.

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: Nov 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job!

But, where's the crock pot?

Posts: 337 | Location: Chicago, where else? | Registered: Jul 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the nice comments!
The crock pot is tucked away until after Turkey Day Smile The fridge is too full of goodies in preparation so we will be having lots of take out until Thursday.

posted Hide Post
Speaking of Turkey Day....

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Posts: 57 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: Aug 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lenie
posted Hide Post
I am logged in but can't see the pics....I see the Before and After but no links for the pics. What am I doing wrong?

Posts: 811 | Location: southern | Registered: Nov 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This post is from 9 months ago and I see the original post was edited so the px were probably deleted. I don't see them either.

Posts: 6975 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post