Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Stainless steel appliances & fingerprint resistant finish
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stainless steel appliances & fingerprint resistant finish Sign In/Join 
Picture of Jewel
posted
My husband and I are finishing our kitchen remodel this year by purchasing new appliances. I understand several brands offer stainless appliances with a fingerprint preventive coating.

The problem is that each manufacturer uses a different name for their fingerprint-free finishes. I've found a few:

GE CleanSteel
Whirlpool Satina
Kenrose Ultra Satin
LG EasySteel

I'm wondering if anyone on this board knows of others?

Posts: 8188 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of My dog
posted Hide Post
I had a GE Profile SS refrigerator and stove and both we easy to keep clean.

I use a product called Stainless Steel Magic to clean my SS. It's a spray and leaves some sort of protective barrier (that you can't see) to help keep the fingerprints down.

Right now I have a black glass Jenn-Air stove that I don't like at all. Every single little speck show up on it. I would never, never get a black glass stove again. In fact, I'm planning on replacing it in a year or two. Shhh don't tell my husband.

~Jean~ in garden zone 6b

Posts: 5663 | Location: WV... no jokes please, I've heard them all, trust me. | Registered: Oct 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, MyDog, that's good to know as it opens up other options for us to consider.

Currently, our cooktop is white glass and it's in a sunny location -- making every missed spot and every smear stand out, so I feel your pain...

Posts: 8188 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A late reply - - I have a Samsung fridge for years with the Platinum finish. No fingerprints and works great. Just sold it with the house at buyer's request. So I'm looking for all new appliances in that type finish (especially dishwasher!!)

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Nov 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just bought the whole LG ss line (altho not easy steel).
Being a self professed neat freak, the fingerprints are a small issue. BUT I have resolved myself to the fact that for the look that I absolutely love, I will gladly give the appliances a quick wipe down each night.
Our double oven range does have a black glass top but it is speckled. Much less work than our bisque stove top was. If water boiled over on that thing I had stubborn black spots. Horrible!
GL deciding!

Posts: 658 | Registered: Feb 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post