Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Partial Kitchen reno Sign In/Join 
Picture of zone9alady
posted
We finally finished part of the kitchen remodel. DH did all the woodworking and the countertop is Cambria Quartz "Bradshaw".

Hopefully this link will get you to the slideshow of "before and after"

Smile

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...?albumview=slideshow

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Outstanding job...love the arch and the counter tops...Tuscany feel, very warm & cozy...great way to start off a new year...have a very happy one....I'll be starting off the new year by getting my DIY project done, haha!!

Posts: 57 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: Aug 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, good luck with your project!

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job. Did you refinish your cabinets or are they new? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wooden counter top. That's what I really want for my "outer" bar area but DH says it's going to be too expensive.

Happily married and mom of 4
Central maryland - Zone 7

Posts: 7650 | Location: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Hi Forensicmom,

Thank you for the compliments. The cabinets are new, DH made them from regular pine and maple lumber we bought at Home Depot. The curved counter is two 2x12 pine boards DH planed and put together. I made a stencil for the shape and DH cut and routed the edge. We then applied marine spar varnish on top to make it waterproof.

Except for the labor and woodworking tools, the wood counter cost less than $50.00 to make.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zone9alady,

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post