Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Dipsy Interior Designers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dipsy Interior Designers Sign In/Join 
posted
There are not many of them. I've got to say that. Any Stories?

We had one who acted like it was her house not ours, sort of. We were not spending 30 to 50 thousand like some of her clients for kitchen design. So she wasn't spending a lot of time with us giving full service.... I didn't expect a lot of time but I expected....It's late
Any comical or enlightening stories out there?

We purchased an island from her and the company she represented.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leafly,

Posts: 755 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I received a ride home from a gal who had studied to be an interior designer. She said that she had prepared designs for customers. They said they weren't interested in her design. Get some other designers, do the same thing. Then, without integrity, pick and chose the ideas of the various designers and would do it for themselves.

My daughter has a degree in design. Not interior design, but I would flip if someone did this to her.

Maybe this should be dipsy customers/interior designers? More comedy/drama with this title. LOL

Posts: 5061 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trish,

You need to start a thread with that title. Perhaps you don't understand. We signed a contract with this woman. We paid this woman good money for a snobby attitude. "Oh you don't want that" was her reply to several things. In hindsight, yes we did want that. She had several attitudes that we paid money for. We were doing only one island but we were purchasing it from her. I'm sorry we dealt with her. Turns out that she wasn't a certified kitchen designer. We had better ideas than her but its too late now. I won't be fooled by the title on a person's card now. I've thought several times about complaining to management about her.

Karma does come into play. We need some bathrooms redone. Others there who were more professional will get our business if I go back there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leafly,

Posts: 755 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have a customer with different mind set. he need a luxurious kitchen like everything branded. but we ask all these things with minimum package. and also asking to provide a good customer service. he also said. if their is any slight difference in kitchen work. then he wont pay?

what shall i do now

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
STOP advertising!

Posts: 18443 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post