Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  kitchen design questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kitchen design questions Sign In/Join 
posted
I am trying to work with the cabinet manufacturer designer and I get back an elevation that is about 7". I get to see a picture of the actual door that is about 2". I see the 7" computer rendering that doesn't look good, it looks too busy and doesn't resemble anything I have the ability to relate to.

It is so hard to picture the kitchen with computer generated windows that don't resemble my windows, with a stainless stove, white hood and black microwave that don't resemble my appliances.

How do you know if the little picture will look good when the cabinets are full size and have taken over your kitchen? How do you know if the design will work in your space? I was able to identify an area with a useless section of counter space, only 12' deep but I an sure there is more.

Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no reason you have to put up with something too small to see and mismatched colors. You are paying for this, right? Well don't pay until you get something good. If you are not paying either go somewhere else or consider paying someone.

Posts: 7023 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post