Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Wood floor color same as cabinets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood floor color same as cabinets? Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi--I just posted this in general decorating, but realized this might be the better area to post this. I am picking out prefinished wood flooring for our small kitchen. The cabinets are light (birch), and we wanted to keep the floor light as well. I fell in love with a natural maple floor. It will be very close in color to the cabinets. I've heard this makes the room appear bigger. Looking for opinions about the cabinet color so similar in color to the floor.
Thanks,
Pam

Posts: 331 | Location: USA | Registered: Dec 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my own taste but it would be so monochrome that I think it would be too much in a small kitchen.

I would rather go with a softening effect on the floor. Maybe a soft subdued color that you could use in a deeper color as an accent with towels, etc. (even appliances come in so many colors today).

But I think if you have wood grain all over cabinets AND floor it would just over-power a person and get "old" fast.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Allentown PA USA | Registered: Oct 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post