Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  kitchen floor plan designer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kitchen floor plan designer Sign In/Join 
Picture of 2@721
posted
I love to watch HGTV. We would like to redesgn our kitchen now that are family includes adult children and grandchildren. Several cooks in the kitchen at one time and everyone wanting to socialize while preparing meals. We own a home that was built prior to 1900. I am looking without much luck for a floor planner, so that I can put in our room dimensions and see how we can best place our cabinets,add and island and move a bathroom .

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You really should use a pro to do a plan for you. they'll be able to recommend the best layout that maximizes your space and efficiency. they may come up with ideas you never thought of since that's what they do for a living. Have a look at the book Renovation Bootcamp: Kitchen (Design and Remodel Your Kitchen Without Losing Your Wallet, Your Mind or Your Spouse, available on Amazon. You'll get some great ideas.

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: Jan 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
kitchen floor plan designer

A kitchen floor plan is a must and it should be done properly, considering the requirements and the personality to the people living in the house. If eating and cooking is a favorite family activity then much thought should be spent in creating a kitchen floor plan...

-- Aljur Abby
Blue Hand Home

Posts: 19 | Registered: Feb 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm an interior designer with almost 30 years experience and even I will be working with a kitchen designer when the time comes to renovate.Kitchens design improves every year with better space saving cabinets, and smaller more efficient appliances. Working with someone who knows this field will get you your best options.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bumo

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post