Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  help settle my debate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help settle my debate Sign In/Join 
Picture of elijahawesome79
posted
Oh.. My.. Gawd... Can I please have some help settling a debate? My Fiance and I have an ongoing (bitter) feud about how to fill the limited dining space in our condo.

She picked up this round quartz tabletop, which she's ****-bent on attaching to this crappy side table on casters. I'm no design pro, but I find her idea so atrocious on so many levels. Aside from looking cheap and thrown-together, I don't understand where she expects people to sit around this round monstrosity.

My idea is to build a long, narrow rectangular, bar-height table with a wood-plank tabletop and a brick veneer base. In my mind, the long, narrow design will allow for barstool seating around the table without impeding on the existing bar seating.

Please tell me I'm not crazy..

Question:
What do you think?

Choices:
You're right
She's right

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elijahawesome79,

quartz tabletop

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post