Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Granite Countertop Seam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Granite Countertop Seam Sign In/Join 
posted
I am buying home and close on it next week. The final walk-through with the builder is Monday. One issue I saw while visiting today is a seam in the granite counter top. I saw no seams like this in the model homes, and really thought it was too noticeable. I can see it from across the kitchen. Am I being too picky? I do not know the inside and outs of granite, so please bear with me. Do you think this is proper fabrication? Thanks for any input you can give me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newhomeowner85,

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granite usually has seams. Slabs are only so large. The seams depend on the size of the slab, the countertop pattern that is being cut out, etc. You can't cut a large L shape out of one piece, etc. In the model home, I'm sure that they chose the granite pattern wisely and had the fabricator take extra care in what he did for them.

Posts: 3198 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually your granite looks like size and width is large. so it can noticable. but we can make hat unnoticable by simple works

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granite worktops are usually created by joining two slabs together to create one large piece. This is done by using a special epoxy. The seam should usually match the colour of the granite. This should be able to be fixed by some sanding and polishing.

www.granite-worktop-company.co.uk

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post