Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  Countertop color ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Countertop color ideas Sign In/Join 
posted
Please ignore the mess. I can't decide what color counter top to go with. We have wood floors and wood cabinets but black and white appliances. I don't want to spend too much putting high end countertops in since we're moving in less than a year. We're looking at stained concrete countertops. Any color ideas?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you intend to post pictures?

Posts: 3392 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Oops, I thought stained concrete countertops were high end. Do you intend to make them yourself?

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7376 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zone, that's what I was thinking too. Seems to me that if you can afford stained concrete, you can afford anything you want.

Posts: 3392 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I meant to post a picture but the file was too large. Stained concrete countertops are not very expensive to do yourself. I just don't know what color to do.

posted Hide Post
Could you reduce the size of the file and post the pic? That's what I do.

posted Hide Post
I haven't quite figured out how yet. I am new to the iPad lol

posted Hide Post
I believe you have to download a photo editing app in order to resize them. I have ps express (an adobe) and I believe if you crop it might resize. I'm just learning too.

Posts: 6969 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted Hide Post
Hello Cvien23,

It depends on what color the wood for your cabinets and floors are to determine the shade of the countertops. Are they light, dark, cherry, etc.? If the cabinets are light wood I would suggest a rich dark stain for the countertops.

Hope this helps,

Kitchen Bath Trends
www.kitchenbathtrends.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when choosing countertops, select the best that will suit your personality. because the kitchen is where you make you family meal.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post