Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sage green cabinets Sign In/Join 
posted
So we are thinking about redoing our kitchen. Painting our cabinets valspar green tea leaves...a sort of sage green. Geanite countertops in UBa tuba. Thoughts on that combination ? And if you like it what about backsplash and flooring. We want to do tile floor and some type of tile backsplash. Just not sure what color / style. All thoughts greatly appreciated. I'm really not good at this stuff. Oh and our second choice for countertops was Carioca gold. Both countertops are kraftmaid. Thanks everyone

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jan 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does uba tuba come in different colors? I tried googling it and came up with several dark versions and one sort of pale gray. Which version are you considering. I'm picturing a VERY nice kitchen! I am a big fan of sage green cabinets. I'm posting a shot of mine that also shows the Daltile glass tile backsplash I used. My counters are Rhin Leather Silestone quartz.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might show the colors more truly

Posts: 3460 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the tiles. The gramite color we were looking at was very dark with hints of green. That's the only version of it I've seen. Any thoughts? Similar to the attached pic

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jan 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That appears to be quite dark together. Do you have a lot of natural light in the room?

Posts: 7105 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the dark counter will look fine with the green. I googled Valspar Green Tea Leaves (your color) and Ralph Lauren Homespun (mine) and they look similar on my computer but nothing like the actual color on my cabinets or in either of the pix I posted. I am assuming your color is fairly light--as is mine. What color are your walls? Mine are a very pale aqua which looks great with the green cabinets. I have a big double window on the back wall of my kitchen which lets in lots of light during the day. That with the overhead fixture which has four bulbs, the light over the sink, two can lights over the table, under cabinet lighting and the light on my range hood does the trick in my kitchen.
I have cork floors, a dark mottled greenish color that I just love both for the color and for the comfort under my feet. What are you thinking about for the floor?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,

posted Hide Post
the colors are great,classic. i always prefer light color for kitchen. it brightens the kitchen.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post