Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

backsplash question Sign In/Join 
posted
We are remodeling small kitchen. I picked out a back splash for behind the sink. I'd like to put the same back splash behind my stove on the opposite wall. My stove does not sit flush to the wall. My question is, do I take the back splash all the way to the floor or just half way down behind the stove and on the 2-3 inches on each side of the stove that is partially visible? The back splash is small (1") tile/glass pieces that comes in a 12x12 sheet. I had thought about going to the floor, but am not sure if I need to or how it would look if I did? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a couple of thoughts but wondered if you could return and post photos of your kitchen.

It'd probably save both of us some time. Plus, you'd probably receive many helpful suggestions from other posters, too, if you post photos, IMHO.

Best of luck -

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
This is where the range sits and a replacement range would be in the same area, right? No need to put your expensive glass tile where no one would see it, so do as you suggested. Down from the top a bit, and anywhere you can see the wall behind it on the side.
Curious, have you any idea why the range cannot go closer/more flush to the wall in the back? I would pull it out and take a look. It may be an easy fix.

Posts: 9432 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Oh, and just in case you could use extra under cabinet lighting or outlets, this is a great time to add the wiring and switches in the wall (prior to the tile application).

Posts: 9432 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your responses. I will see if I can get a picture or 2 posted so everyone has a visual better. As for why the stove don't sit flush, if I remember correct, it has to do with the outlet and gas line - they stick out some. Although, I am not home right now to verify that, I'm pretty sure that is why. We have installed some new outlets and some new cabinet lighting for our top cabinets with glass doors, as well as some under cabinet lighting. It's been a long process and I am super excited to have a kitchen again--soon hopefully!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Check on the outlet issue? you may be able to recess the outlet into the wall a bit.
When we installed our last range, it would not go back quite all the way either. The delivery guys suggested we do that, or get a different plug. But I pulled the range out to check, and they had just got the cord smashed in the way, I just moved it a bit (too easy!)

posted Hide Post
Glad you're still around, Michele.

If you can post pics of both sides of the kitchen or basically each wall, that'd be great! Would love to see your glass tile, too.

Take care -

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post