Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabinets pulls Sign In/Join 
posted
I just purchased a new home w/o knobs/pulls on kitchen cabinets. I would like to use bar pulls. How long should they be in relationship to cabinet height?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally think it's a matter of taste and preference. Are you talking about those long, contemporary bar like pulls?
There are some really gorgeous ones out there that you can spend a fortune on, but you can also do a bit of looking around and find some equally nice ones for much less.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would roll up a piece of paper or page from a magazine to the diameter of the pulls you like. Tape it to the door to determine what height you like. You can always cut the paper down or butt another one to it to alter the length. I would do a couple doors to get an idea.

Posts: 6728 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post