Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  help with flooring in a light kitchen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help with flooring in a light kitchen Sign In/Join 
posted
I'm building a new home through a homebuilder.

We've chosen white cabinets (cashmere to be exact) and I'm so incredibly torn on the flooring. I *think were going to go with either white ice, bianco romano OR giallo cream granite. (all are fairly light, giallo cream being a little warmer than the first two)

We are going to go with a tile (wood look alike) floor, and our builder uses the Daltile Emblem series. Only problem it's either a light beige, or dark brown (7"x20" planks that look like wood)

I don't know if we should go with the dark, or go with the light.

What would be your thoughts. Is it too light with not enough contrast to go with the light floors? Does anyone have the dark tile wood and regret it because it shows too much.

I don't have a photo, and there is really NO internet images besides stock when I research Daltile Emblem.

Thanks for the opinions!

AZ

Posts: 11 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just generally I would not go with a dark color because it shows dirt easier. You would think it would hide it but it doesn't. But without seeing samples it is hard to comment.

Posts: 7025 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. How do I upload photos here? Does it have to be uploaded to a server and then use and IMG or HTML?

AZ

Posts: 11 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where you reply it says 'add attachments'. I do it directly from my computer. I often have to resize them. It will tell you if your px is too large.

Posts: 7025 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen the Dal Tile Emblem in brown and it's really not that dark. I think it has more character than the light beige color. Did you know it also comes in gray?

Posts: 3320 | Registered: Jul 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree with comments about dark floors in the kitchen showing dirt. I had dark (terra slate) before my dark cork, and neither of them shows dirt. Yes, I can tell the difference after mopping, but I much prefer the dark tiles to the white sheet vinyl I had before. EVERY drop and every crumb showed on the white floor!

Posts: 3410 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post