Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  I Need Help Decorating a Kitchen...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need Help Decorating a Kitchen... Sign In/Join 
posted
Hey folks,

My fiancee and I are starting our wedding registry, and neither of us have any interior decorating skills. I decided to check out a few interior decorating forums to see if anybody would like to give us recommendations or lend a hand.

So here's my first post. We'll start with the kitchen.

We decided that we really like these plates:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co...SKU=41250938&RN=554&

And these glasses (the taller ones):

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co...?SKU=119251&RN=2510&

So my questions are:
1) Do these go together?
2) What color napkins, placeholders, napkin rings, salt/pepper shakers, etc, would all compliment each other, given these plates and glasses? I don't know what our kitchen will look like, because we don't have a place yet.
3) And other thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any/all the help. We're quite lost.

Posts: 1 | Location: PA | Registered: Apr 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
It gets alittle overwhelming right?

Go with what you like - but really like it, don't just settle for something.
Keep it simple. Dishes need to be dishwasher safe. And new kitchens do not need dish sets for 12 people.
While putting together that registry may have been fun, don't overdo it. You will have to pack, unpack, move and re-move all those "wonderful" gifts.
Congrats. Have fun.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wheatey
posted Hide Post
It's a personal preference but I don't like drinking out of the square glasses. Would go with a traditional round one although I see that you are probably trying to follow the shape of the dinner plates. As far as napkins, etc, I would go to BB&B and see if they have the plates in stock and then try them with different combinations of napkins. This way you can see if you want to match it with gray, black or white or go with a bold color. It is your preference. Good luck and have fun setting up your first place.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
and have a back up set of what i call everyday or dinner on the tv tray...very inexpensive and a step up from paper plates...you don't need more than 2-4 plates...

Posts: 8486 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post