Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV KitchenDesign
  ...Kitchen counters edge styles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

...Kitchen counters edge styles Sign In/Join 
Picture of sdgrandmother
posted
I am redoing my kitchen - have stainless appliances and 1 inch square glass tile on the backsplash. Lighting is modern with brushed steel accents as well as the knobs on the traditional cupboards. We are doing the counter tops in a solid surface. I need to decide between the roundover, bevel or double roundover for the edge. Is there one that is better for a modern/traditional kitchen or is it just my preference. Thank you in advance...........

Posts: 3 | Location: SD | Registered: Jul 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I chose the edge for my quartz countertops, I went with a "modified" square edge. They are slightly rounded (so I don't injure myself on a knife edge!) then straight.

Posts: 3245 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Myself...I would lean toward simple...the roundover would probably be my choice.

Posts: 9438 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with a double round over on mine as it looked cleaner to me .I just did not like some of the other edges plus some cost more money .

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post