Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   General Remodeling
  Installing a ductless over the range hood
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing a ductless over the range hood Sign In/Join 
posted
I'm trying to avoid buying new cabinets for our kitchen. We have the original diy solid built wood cabinets and nothing we find today matches this simple style. The problem is we don't have any cabinets over our range and I want a ductless over the range hood (the style in the pic) I see all them installed on the underside of cabinets but I was thinking that if I had a sturdy shelf installed over the range, why can't I attach it to the underside of the shelf? The oulet and electrical cords could be seen but if I use items to decorate the shelf, all of that could be concealed from view. Am I wrong or can this be done? Thanks

Posts: 561 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would build a box like shelf, the kind that look like they are floating. You could run the wire through it that way. I think if you try to put things on the shelf to hide a wire it will look cluttered. You would need to put more there than looks pleasant.

Posts: 7044 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post