Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Sign In/Join 
posted
I am reaching out to HGTV for help. My mother is one of the most amazing and giving people you'll ever know. She is an amazing example of what selfless living and constant community contribution can accomplish. As of late, she has encountered some massive hurdles, but she continues to take them in stride. Back in October she took in her mother. My grandmother hit some financial down slopes and we did a few minor adjustments to the basement, to take her in. Mom is now supporting two people on an income of one person, running a non profit business. She operates a therapeutic riding program. She helps mentally, physically, and emotionally disabled children and adults with equine assisted therapy. It is amazing work.

But, the real storm hit in June..... Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Two lumpectomy procedures later, she is now into a 6 week course of radiation and a lifetime of risk. There is only so much I can do for my mom; and it breaks my heart. She does so much for everyone, I wish I could do more. So I am reaching out for help. Her home; mainly her kitchen and den/living area, need renovation. The den area has carpeting that is taped down to the adjoining laminate in the kitchen. The laminate in the kitchen is cracking and coming up in pieces. The kitchen is very old and needs major updating. The amount of useful counter and eating space in the kitchen is minimal; and with my grandmother now living with her, it causes stress for her on a daily basis.

Her treatment is progressing well and we are hopeful that this is the end of the list of challenges she will face. But there are few people in the world that give back the way that she does, and I want to try and give her something she deserves- a home that she can really enjoy; rather than one that causes her stress. We walk around and see dollar signs everywhere, on the main floor. These renovations are an impossibility for us- her medical bills are astronomical right now. I can't make them go away, but maybe I can do this, and we'll get lucky.

can you help?

Brett Shear
brett.shear@gmail.com

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one from hgtv reads these forums. Suggest you find out who the producers of the shows are and contact them.

Posts: 6721 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
HGTV Corporate Office Headquarters
500 W Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37902
Corporate Phone Number: 1-865-546-3251

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post