Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   General Remodeling
  Trouble Posting Here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble Posting Here? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sparky
posted
Bob Fleming PM'd me and said he can't post on the boards anymore. But he's able to send me a PM. Is anyone else having this trouble? PM if you can't answer here.

It is strange, you can't PM without an account so his account is still active. His last post was on June 8.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6856 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
I'm not having trouble.

The email address for help with technical issues is webmaster@hgtv.com. If Bob can't figure out the problem on his own, maybe the webmaster could help... Assuming there is a real webmaster unlike an actual moderator. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4341 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
He's reached out to "them" of course his plea must be hitting the "cone of silence" because he hasn't heard back yet.

If the trouble was on his end I doubt he could PM me while not being able to post. So we know he's able to log into HGTV.com.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6856 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem here either and I've used 3 different computers in the last 3 days. I wonder if it is a problem with his computer?

Posts: 6720 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
This is what Bob PM'd me today.

Thanks, Sparky! I tried before to post a message to Tech Support here and it wouldn't accept it. Tried again yesterday and it did go through, but no answer as yet.

What I am seeing is an anti-virus "ping" and inability to post anything. I haven't changed my anti-virus settings; this is something new. I'll fiddle with them some and see what I can do. Feel free to copy and post this on the forum.

General Disclaimer

Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Sparky, today someone on the cleaning board reported having trouble using her AOL browser to get on the board. Maybe that info will be of use to Bob? Link to the thread here ~ http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...963905177#7963905177

Posts: 4341 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nettie,
I sent Bob the link.

General Disclaimer

posted Hide Post
Yes, it's me having trouble getting on using AOL. Still having problems today. I can get here using Mozilla (Bob, what browser are you using?) but not AOL. Can't Reply to Post from the AOL email notification either. *sigh*

I updated java the other day (because my computer kept telling me to do so). It was after that that the problems seemed to start so I System Restored my computer to prior to the java update. After I System Restored, I still had problems getting back here but then it seemed to click back into being normal and I thought all was better in my world.

I just sent an email to the Technical Issues link at the bottom of the page. I hope they can fix this. It's so frustrating.

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Can you see posts but not respond with AOL?

General Disclaimer

posted Hide Post
No. I can't get to the message boards at all using AOL. My saved HGTV message board icon doesn't bring me here and I cannot "reply to post" from the AOL email notification either.

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I can post HERE, I can't post on the Blogs on HGTV. I can on the DIY site. ???? I just accepted it.

Posts: 5044 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post