Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   General Remodeling
  Need help choosing kitchen floor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help choosing kitchen floor Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello everyone!

I recently had a water leak in my house and my floor was destroyed in the process. I'm now trying to decide what type/color of flooring to get for my kitchen. I previously had laminate, but I want to use this opportunity to upgrade to a better/different laminate or hardwood. Any guidance/tips would be appreciated!!

This is what my kitchen looked like before:

This is what my kitchen looks like now:

I'm looking into possibly doing laminate that doesn't look like wood to separate my kitchen from the rest of my 1st floor that will have the wood flooring look. Here are some examples I found that I like, but I'm worried it wouldn't look very good as it would almost match the counter top. Also, I'm looking into doing a back splash under neither the cabinets to add some color. Do you think any of the ones below would look good or can you suggest any other type/color of flooring based off the cabinet, counter top, and wall colors. Thanks!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: Jun 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you could delete this post and repost with a px about 50% smaller so we can read your notes it would help.

Posts: 7206 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wheatey
posted Hide Post
I have porcelain tiles, similar to your photo, from my hallway into the kitchen. Adjacent DR and FR and hardwood. The porcelain is not hard on the feet and easy to maintain - easier than laminate that I previously had in kitchen.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why put in laminate (fake tile) when you can put in real porcelain for the same or less?

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post