Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stick on tiles Sign In/Join 
posted
Put stick on tiles over Linileum in my kitchen 3 weeks ago, they still move. Tried heat, still move. What else can I do

Posts: 6 | Location: Harrison,Idaho | Registered: Sep 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The surface of the linoleum may have a permanent shine product which is preventing the adhesion of the tile. Again if you have ever used a shine product over the linoleum that might be it also. I would have used a wax stripping agent over the linoleum prior to installation which might have helped.

Posts: 727 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to do that, but got a steam cleaner and shine went, since its down can anything beside removal be done, or will it ever dry

Posts: 6 | Location: Harrison,Idaho | Registered: Sep 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know what to suggest! My experience with self-stick tiles has not been good. We have what we thought to be good quality self stick tiles in out extended laundry room and they were installed over wood that was primed with the special primer for them. They are bubbling up to some extent in the area where they get cold.

Posts: 12178 | Location: Ft Collins, CO USA | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

Picture of Annett
posted Hide Post
If EVERY tile is moving, you may have to pull them off and start over. But I've done rooms where only a few tiles came loose, and Super Glue worked wonders! That stuff is great for attaching vinyl to vinyl. (Wear gloves!)

Posts: 1432 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you, will try that
Hope it does the trick

posted Hide Post
My guess is that you will need to scuff up the linoleum floor a little bit to get the contact adhesive to grab better. I would imagine that you are going to need some new tiles at this point, too.

Christopher R. Johnson
Journeyman Carpenter &
Home Remodeling Expert
www.CreativeTouchCarpentry.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Westmont, Il | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Annett:
If EVERY tile is moving, you may have to pull them off and start over. But I've done rooms where only a few tiles came loose, and Super Glue worked wonders! That stuff is great for attaching vinyl to vinyl. (Wear gloves!)[/QUOTE
Tried that still moved