Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hardwood Floors Sign In/Join 
posted
I have just had hardwood floors installed and some issues have come to light but have been confused as to the manufacture of said floors. the box the floors came in are labeled differently than the floors chosen at the store where purchased. When looked up on the internet they come up as a totally different brand/name. I have contacted each company (the one in which the floors should be and also the one that the web directs me to when label info is typed in) by email with no responses back. has the store where i purchased these floors duped me? Is this commonplace? The floors seem to me as poor quality and i worry for my children's safety! Please HELP!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why contact the manufacturers? You had a contract with a store to sell you a certain product; they installed something else. Why did you allow them to install a different product? Why have you not questioned them? Assuming you made the purchase on a credit card, you may need to dispute the charge if the store does not provide a satisfactory explanation.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct and I did contact them first thing this morning and said they will be fixing the issues. Know hopefully they will follow through. The floors look like what we expected to be installed so I was not sure that the info on the box is a common situation one floor multiple names/design names.
Thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post