Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   General Remodeling
  Can Tiling be done over several days?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Tiling be done over several days? Sign In/Join 
posted
I have about 400 sq Ft that I need to tile. Is it okay to do this over several days / weekends? Any special considerations?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no problem with doing it in that fashion. Just be sure that you only lay enough mortar that can be covered with tile. Don't leave uncovered mortar beyond the edge of your tile.

Generally most people try to complete tiling projects at one time just for the mere fact of getting supplies out and leaving a mess over an extended period of time.

I would wait on grouting the tile once you have have it all completed and the last laid has had time to set. To say nothing of varing colors that can occur mixing several times and the right consistancy. Tile setting is not that crucial as far as color fastness is concerned.

Posts: 731 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post