Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   General Remodeling
  Bi-Fold Door Bottom Guide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bi-Fold Door Bottom Guide Sign In/Join 
posted
I replaced my carpet with harwood flooring and now my bi-fold doors are about 1/4" too long. I would like to trim the bottom of the doors but I need a way to remove the "pin" thing that slips into the bracket on the floor and keeps the doors in place. They were hammered in and are quite tight. Is there a trick to removing them. I can't seem to pull them out and I surely don't want to buy new doors. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about the pivot pin they can be removed by prying them out of the door. There should be a ring of such made on the pin that prevents the pin from being driven too far in the door. A small pry bar or claw hammer can be used once you gain a little gap with a screwdriver or cat's paw bar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redoverfarm,

Posts: 725 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Redoverfarm. That's exactly what I did and they came out. Thanks for taking the time to reply; I appreciate the help.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help.

Posts: 725 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post