Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   General Remodeling
  Can you clear my doubt about home security system?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you clear my doubt about home security system? Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a home security system installed recently. Do I need to test it regularly? What is opinion about this?
wireless home security

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeckjiem,

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this going to turn into an ad?

Posts: 7282 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but I just had a police officer tell me that many of the major security service companies have thieves working for them. It's a big problem, so I'm not installing their services. He told me to get a dog instead.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
and if that dog was anything like my aunt's he welcomed the company of the bad guys...

Posts: 8580 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to tell you best option for your security system. This is about the best perimeter protection fence systems, Its called security fencing. I have used many other security system too. But they do not provide that much security.
They have variety of security options such as angled tops, barbed wire attachments, sensor wiring and a gate system are available for this system . I hope you will consider it and its the best option for you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vivek,

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
If I needed all that, you bet I sure would MOVE!

New ADT sign out front and window stickers purchased from Ebay for a grand total of 25 dollars will do the trick to fool the average, dumb burglar to go to another house.

Locked doors/windows and some outdoor motion lighting and no monthly fees or expensive jail yard fencing necessary. The post above sounds like crack house protection. Wink

Posts: 9678 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an awesome post about home security http://www.listverse.info/top-...home-from-intruders/ which can be helpful for you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post