Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online tour is up! Sign In/Join 
Picture of dreamn_again
posted
The 2013 HGTV Smart Home online tour is up http://www.hgtv.com/smart-home/index.html

The television special should be on the 12th, and entry should begin on the 11th.

Posts: 453 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
It IS gorgeous!

If hub reads this.....they HAVE rain barrels!!!!

Posts: 5048 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dreamn_again
posted Hide Post
The behind the scenes special is airing tonight on DIYnetwork along and will be repeated.
Here's the link http://www.diynetwork.com/behi...2013/show/index.html

Posts: 453 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It is beautiful

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
What fun!Smile On my first run through I did not care for the swordfish on wall nor the 3 tvs...but otherwise seems to be quite functional at first glance. Not big on the orange decor either but the home is cute cute cute...Wink. Need to see the special. I see they used Bassett instead of Ethan Allen....not sure how green Bassett is for upholstery options but perhaps the special will enlighten the smart vs green tradeoff this home is giving?

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7305 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mythreesons
posted Hide Post
Off my school job today for a snow day. Heaven to be home looking at the Smart House. LOVE IT!

Posts: 1541 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Mar 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
my3sons, I remember snowdays! This SH MUST warm you up some.

I keep asking my dh questions about this area since he used to live in the area. He misses it. Then, he saw the lemons and was surprised they are grown in planters. lol

I'm taking some ideas from this home and will use them in our's with a twist.

A very beautiful house....wonder who will make it their home? Entry begins tomorrow!

Posts: 5048 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I read the tree in the planter is cumquate. When is the special?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nursejudy, I wrote in my calendar one is April 12th at 2pm, there was a list I saw earlier. Can't wait to see it!!

God nevers give you more than you can accept, wish he did not have so much faith in me

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Thank you greysgolden. I had my DH set it to record as i usually like to view it again as you see new items each time.Which reminds me, if I should have the pleasure of winning,I need to make a point to learn how to use the neat smart items as presently I always ask my DD or DH to assist.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
We lived in Jacksonville Beach for 30 years. Loved it then and still do.

Posts: 5 | Location: Center, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The smarthome special was great, I have watched it twice already. What a unique home!

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I really like the floor plan.

Open plan yet distinctive public spaces; MBr on the 1st floor; side entrance thru the laundry/mudroom.

- J

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1032 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I like the floor plan as well JSB. I like the draps as well so if you want to make the dining room or living room more intimate, you have that option.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥