Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guest Bathroom? Sign In/Join 
Picture of NamMa
posted
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Smart Home is missing a guest bath on the main floor? I would prefer not to have my guests marching through my Master bedroom to use the bath. Perhaps near the pool? What about people using the pool and all wet? Also some guests might be unable to manage the stairs. Also having to go through any bedroom to use a bathroom is kinda odd.... Did I miss a bathroom somewhere? ... Just noticed there is a powder room next to the front door....not useful for pool users without a shower and having to walk all that way from the pool.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NamMa,

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NamMa:
...Just noticed there is a powder room next to the front door....not useful for pool users without a shower and having to walk all that way from the pool.

Welcome, NamMa. Have a good time here.
The logbook is full of idiosyncratics on these Smart/Green and Dream homes, but your comments are welcome never-the-less. That's what the MB is about. Seems that at times the ideas in the homes are just examples, and not always comprehensive in scope. Numbers of sponsors, and their types perhaps play a part?
I am puzzled as to why the shift from Green Home to Smart Home took place. Isn't green smart? Is it not smart to be green? Mai oui!
I am puzzled as to why the GMC is not a smart, "hybrid".
But this home is an attraction, a real delight, a good design and a pleasant sweepstakes surprise imho.
ciao

Posts: 3141 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
There is a shower outside, so your guests can use that after swimming.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NamMa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
There is a shower outside, so your guests can use that after swimming.

Thank you NurseJudy, I must have missed that in the tour.

What are your thoughts about a bathroom closer to the pool? :-)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to have one near the pool, but I am not sure where they could have fit one in. I guess you would enter the laundry room where you could dry your feet and then go to the half bath.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post