Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 TV's in great room...smart...green or not? Sign In/Join 
Picture of GreenAlice
posted
So I adored the little runthrough and the potential this cute home has for decor....but a bit thrown off by the 3 screens taking over the room....I understand usually Linda doesn't do a tv in the gathering spot....and I for one have always been quite content to think on the TV being elsewhere, mostly because I watch it little 'cept for sports and movies.....so ME? I would remove two of them for certain and replace with some art or something.....plant shelf? So not a fan of family getting together to stare at multiple screens. Fine in a mancave to keep up with multiple games instead of screen within a screen.....but bottom line I am thinking on, thus the thread title, how smart and energy effiecient is it to have 3 in one room? I assume they will still put them elsewhere....just sayin'.....Cool

Really am liking rest of reveal thus far!!! Big Grin

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7306 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to locate the room with three tvs. It isn't green, but then not riding your bike to the store on rainy days isn't either.
Might one tv be dedicated to wireless-computer only, another for DVDs for the schoolwork or cook, and the third for general?
Three small tvs don't take the current draw of one large one with the converter box and amplifying equipment going.
All tvs simultaneously going with their sound is of course, goofy. Pic-in-pic is not available with the converter ops, so often one tv is monitored while the other is listened to.
A swivel/wall-mount tv in the kitchen is a plus.
A fourth would be great for Shadow, the Dachsie, and Hamilton, the Siamese, but for educational programs of course.

Posts: 3144 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
The newer televisions use LESS energy than the older models. I've noticed how those in the sports/market fields will have several televisions in rooms for use.

As I have discovered the newer Roku models have earplugs on the remote control so viewers can watch and not disturb the others in the room. We do this now with our own headsets on our computers. But...there are other such devices.

Files could be added to make one of the televisions an art display from the USB device. How much easier would this be to disguise the big black screen against a wall. The need to have the images change IS important. I have asked the questions to get this explained to me.

Information to the Green & Smart Home concepts would benefit HGTV viewers. There's so much to learn with the changes in our electronic world! Now, I spend time viewing the technology platforms to keep up with the ongoing changes. There's so much out there!

Posts: 5073 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello dude..With the decor every room is looking good and very attractive.I think LCD is the better then the TV because LCD give the better result then the TV.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hafi444,

Posts: 6 | Location: canada | Registered: Mar 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I found the TV's tango. Go view the videos. The house is looking really neat.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5567 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Maybe the 1999 Disney movie, Smart House, could be viewed on the tvs? How many saw this Disney movie?

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I did not see it, was it good?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5567 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Well I do like that they have art covering them...still don't need 3 but wonder if you can just have the center one raise and "unplug" the other 2 units for backup when tv 1 breaks... Razz

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Seems very un-green to me... Even the newer sets use quite a bit of power.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Being that I don't really watch much tv at all I am usually the one turning it all off with a flip of the strip all is plugged into until needed again...that 2 minute warmup time has greatly decreased the overall viewing in my home as my teens don't think it's worth the hassle to wait! :P Now I am wondering are there MORE tv's in the home as well? I don't recall in my watching....Roll Eyes

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
HI GreenAlice,
In addition to those TV's, you also have one in the master bedroom, guestroom and the little sitting area upstairs.Pretty much where they usuaully put them, the bonus this time is the three in the living room. Plenty of choices for company.

My mother use to watch the Rose Parade on a couple different channels at the same time. She would have loved it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the sport enthusiast watching ALL their favorites! This may make it easier if you couldn't be AT the game. OK...so someone has to lose their voice over all the cheering. Some sacrifices can be made.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trish212,

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Yes it would be a paridise for the spots fans

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
EUREKA!

I'm one of those who missed out on this show, but with our newest streaming device are watching it. The "Smarthome" is named Sarah. Has Smarthome 2013 been named?

Smile

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Trish,
How about naming it Judy's Smarthome ? Wink
Sounds good to me Smile

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Judy, I can see how that might put a smile on a Judy's countenance. However, I think others have another name in mind. Smile Nice try though.

Have another terrific day!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
have to have some fun Trish Smile. It would really be neat if one of us on the message board won.
This is one well rendered home.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥