Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jacksonville Beach Anyone!!! Sign In/Join 
posted
Has anyone been at the Jacksonville Beaches and can recommend any areas of great sun and fun!
I am ready to pack my bags. We have always wanted to retire close to the beach area. It just seems to be so relaxing and you look forward to swimming, exercise, fresh air and warm weather, and when it gets too hot, you come inside and cool off. I love to go fishing, if I can convince my husband, he does not know what he is missing. Anyways, love to dream a big dream.
Good luck Everyone!!

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're going to say, "anyone," allow moi seil vous plais...
the beaches in Jax aren't much different from S. Carolina, TB. Go South from JAX an hour and a half to Daytona and then whiter sand and hard surface show up.
Yet the color of the water is quite delightful either place, aqua green.
Tropical...the tropical demarcation line is half way south of JAX toward Daytona...palms replace pines more and more as you proceed south.
Snow...snow occasionally shows up on FL panhandle latitude and JAX has had snow.
Fireplaces are a welcome addition in the humid, cold days of winter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TangoW,

Posts: 3140 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post