Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drapes separating LR and DR Sign In/Join 
posted
Here is a new HGTV twist: Drapes are employed to separate the dining and living areas when desired, such as after a dinner. Check photo #8, ref the main living area.
IMHO this comes off as a bit "ketch"-y but maybe it is an old, "new" idea in limited square footage homes? Cottages often have curtains.
i.e. in our own home, 1700 sq ft, a curtain screens off the dual bathroom sink area from the main bedroom; a sliding door is used for the shower/toilet area privacy.
currently serving as Butler pro temp. :>)
may I be of service, Monsieur/Damme?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TangoW,

Posts: 3140 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Good use of drapes Tango. I like the way they used them in the smarthome.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5550 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I think this idea is smart. I've seen homeowners use the ceiling to create the division line. This is clever! Now, if there are children.....I might keep the curtains pulled back. Smile Love them, but know how their little hands are. Plus, this looks more formal...and there are times for formal.

Posts: 5044 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I agree Trish when the children are around, the drapes are open.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5550 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post