Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Product Suggestions? Sign In/Join 
posted
Not sure if you take product suggestions but I love HGTV and the whole Green/Dream home giveaways! I also love the home I'm in right now...but I've recently started using something that is Greener then most ALL current laundry systems called the Wash It. My husband bought it for me a few weeks back and it has changed laundry day forever in my household!! Perhaps next years Dream/Green home could include one too. Just trying to share the wealth with other busy working moms Smile
Sincerely,
Sylvia

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvia Preston:
...called the Wash It. My husband bought it for me a few weeks back and it has changed laundry day forever in my household!!
Sincerely,
Sylvia

Welcome, Sylvia,
Aside from the grand "change" you mention, and the product promo on MB, what does Wash It do?
Sponsors are the ones who get mentioned by the Smart Home staff, of course. Sponsors "pay" for product position on the smart home Venue for the year. I have a hunch it is a significant amount.
Have a good time here. It's a zany message board.

Posts: 3141 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hubby hooked the Wash It up to the back of our washing machine and I don't have to sort laundry anymore, or use detergent! Unbelievable right...I was skeptical too, best Mothers Day present ever. Just thought it'd help Green up the laundry room on the Smart Home.
Thanks for the reply!
Sylvia

posted Hide Post
I noticed in ads that the price was around $400 and couldn't imagine why, and now it is only a bit more clear. I am imagining that there are still items that have to be specially washed, specially handled, cared for.
What takes the place of detergent? Something like oxi clean?
Can you use hot water at any time?
The, "non-sorting of laundry": Does it still have restrictions where delicate items are concerned or where running colors could possibly reck a good garment?
What is the running life of a $400 supply?

Posts: 3141 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Sylvia,
I am interested as well. Same questions as Tango. Sounds really interesting.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the dealy, long busy holiday weekend...
The way I handle it is that if it had to be specially cared for previously then it still should be given the same special care now. But anything that used to not require special care which is 95% of our laundry is fair game! To answer the other questions, Oxi-clean to my knowledge was for stains (I've never used it, was always a basic detergent lady) and this is for all laundry. Theres some cool chemical reaction my husband was explaining to me that is safe and effective and changes how the water works at removing dirt, but now none of that icky sludge does down the drain at the end of it. I personally dont see any good reason to use hot water anymore. It is less energy effecient and I prefer not to sort colors vs. whites because Im washing in cold. Hope that helps and I hope you guys will love this as much as I do!