Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  My House in Four Seasons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My House in Four Seasons Sign In/Join 
posted
I wanted to commemorate the house I grew up in after my parents sold their farm house and moved to a retirement community. My grandfather built the house in 1935 and that’s where my father and I were raised. Since there are so many year-round memories, I wanted the painting to be more than just a single snapshot. Each season features an important focal point. But I couldn’t find any pictures that captured the house and the desired focal point in one photo. So I gathered many different pictures of the house in the four seasons to illustrate not only how the house looked but also remember the activities that made the season memorable. Your Art Now took all of these different photos and expertly blended them into four seasonal pictures to create one amazing watercolor painting.

For example, the winter scene is quiet and serene with a Christmas wreath on the front door that my mother always made by hand. We put Christmas lights on the large pine tree using the front-end loader of the tractor to reach the top. The spring scene features the flower gardens that my mother always tended. In the summer we always had big picnics in the front yard under the shade of the tall oak tree. Fall was also a busy time of year cutting firewood to get ready for winter. The fall picture features my father beside a wood pile with his dog. Now this special watercolor features prominently in my parents’ new home so they can remember all of the good times we had year-round in the old farm house.

To know more visit "yourartnow"

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post