Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  How to replace a circuit breaker panel.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to replace a circuit breaker panel.? Sign In/Join 
posted
Circuit breaker for elec current going to my deck which has a flood light is tripping just halfway. Tried to push the switch all the way down to off position but it won't. This breaker is for lights going to the deck and wall outlets. Don't have current for this side of the house.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vishvanaar,

vishvanaar

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Make sure you have unplugged everything that could have possibly caused it to trip in the first place. Detective work, in other words. You can also try to shut the main off first.

If it still has issues and won't go to off, I would call an electrician. When it comes to circuit breaker boxes and issues with the circuits...I do not fool around with attempting to it fix myself. Not worth the risk.

Posts: 9616 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post