Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  Deck Over or any of the others???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deck Over or any of the others??? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sandy O !
posted
Has anyone in the upper Midwest (Detroit Michigan area) used any of these products? I have been reading and seems like they peel off?

Sandy

Posts: 1287 | Location: wyandotte, mi. usa | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read about the rustoleum brand of this type of paint for the deck. From what I have read the deck has to be properly prepared. The paint goes on pretty thick and doesn't go as far as you think. It appears to extend the life of deck boards that have some damage. Personally I would not use it on a good deck that could just be cleaned and stained.

Like all paint it may peel after while. Every thing you put on the deck will do that except transparent stain.

Posts: 7243 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tulipsandroses
posted Hide Post
We only painted a small area with deck over and hated it. It goes on thick and has a texture to it. Took forever to dry then it rained on it and just washed off. Shame we can't return the 2 cans we bought. Will have to buy something else. Don't waste your Money.

Posts: 56 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Apr 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you buy it that you can't return it?
I would certainly be making a fuss if the store wouldn't return a defective product.
Don't give up, follow it up the corporate ladder.

Posts: 1993 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tulipsandroses
posted Hide Post
Home Depot. They tell you when they custom mix it for you, no returns accepted.

Posts: 56 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Apr 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post