Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  Seeking color advice for kitchen - painted glass backsplash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking color advice for kitchen - painted glass backsplash Sign In/Join 
posted
Greetings! I'm new to this board, as I'm seeking some advice
My wife and I are building a new house and we opted out of the builder grade backsplash.

We really like the idea of a painted glass backsplash in our kitchen and have even found a local company who will custom create and install for us

My question: Can you take a look at this photo and tell us color schemes that would fit in well? We're open to a bright color that provides some contrast

The cabinets are dark maple, the counter top is a medium grey quartz with flecks of copper and the wall paint is Collonnade grey by SW

Would a copper tone work here?

Thanks for any advice!
Noah in Denver

Picture

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Turquoise... IF it will jive with your adjoining spaces. Whatever color you are considering, do view it in the room's lighting both day and night. Btw, a warm citrus green is another option.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Just a suggestion?
Before putting up any permanent backsplash, be sure that you do not want to have under cabinet lighting installed. It is fairly easy to do with just drywall cuts, and the damaged areas will be covered with the backsplash tile/glass.

Posts: 9678 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Froo's suggestion.
To answer your question: Yes, copper would work beautifully too.
Looks like it's going to be one great looking kitchen.

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Sep 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post