Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What white to use? Sign In/Join 
posted
I would like to paint a shelf I bought a whitish colour. I don't want to use a bright white but more of a off white/ almond.
Can someone recommend a colour to me that they have used.

Thank you

Posts: 77 | Location: toronto | Registered: Mar 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have worked with good old SW antique white.. but not at full color... I went to 70%.So find something that appeals to you then work from there...

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was my project, I'd probably start at BM's Pale Almond and then move down the paint chip to whatever shade of white suited my purpose.

You s/b able to find some version of a pale almond in any paint brand you prefer, BTW.

Good Luck!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post