Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  Repairing stain on furniture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Repairing stain on furniture Sign In/Join 
posted
I'm hoping someone has some insight for me on this. I put a non-stick rug pad on top of my child's dresser that I was using as a changing table so that the changing pad would not slip. Unfortunately, I did not realize that it would be impossible to remove without damaging the dresser and it's finish. I was able to get some touch up paint that is the same stain as the dresser, but I'm not sure how to remove the pad? Anyone have suggestions how I can remove this and repair with the least amount of damage done to the furniture? Turns out it was a brand new, expensive piece of furniture that I'd like to use for my son's lifetime Frown

Posts: 1 | Location: California | Registered: Nov 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Couple of things to try?
Freezing temps...Place hard frozen bags of vegetables or meat over the pad and allow it to create a cold area, sometimes cold can help release adhesive qualities of objects.

Goo Gone or other orange oil (or lemon furniture oil) can sometimes be used between the pad and furniture to release the sticky, rubbery surface.

Posts: 9678 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keithglass
posted Hide Post
I hope your problem has solved till now if not then use PVC pipe cleaner and tea tree oil. It may work. Try it on affected surface.

Let me know the result.

THERTASTOREDOTCOM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: keithglass,

Keith Glass.

Posts: 8 | Location: Hopewell Junction, NY United States | Registered: Oct 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Know the tips to remove the modern furniture here - Modern Furniture Restoration on http://www.austinfurniturerepair.wordpress.com. Furniture Restoring is very important to preserve the furniture.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for joining the boards! Consider yourself reported for advertising! Bye-Bye!

Posts: 1995 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post