Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  valspar tuscan accents
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

valspar tuscan accents Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello,
Valspar used to sell a paint treatment called Tuscan Accents, which I applied in my living room 3 years ago. I needed to repair some of the plaster recently, but apparently Valspar discontinued this product 6 months ago, so I have a small area of repaired, primed plaster, but no paint with which to finish the project.

Is there a way to replicate this finish using alternative products ?

Thanks for any advice.
M Bricoleur

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
call Valspar directly: Customer Service 800-845-9061 they can tell you if it is indeed discontinued. It's still on their website, so maybe it was sold out at LOWES. aLSO, i Think smaller hardware stores such as ACE might handle valspar paints. Good luck.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoke to Lowes and Service dept directly at Valspar, Tuscan Accents was made 'exclusively' for Lowes, nobody else had it, and it's 'gone', no cans left over at any Lowes stores nationwide. Valspar needs a 50,000 gallon order for a special run.
I need to match my Living Room, anybody find a faux finish similar to Tuscan Accents? I loved it, can't understand why it didn't sell. I tried the others, Venetian Plaster, etc, didn't care for them, going to re-do those rooms.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this paint also I'm so upset that I can't find it any where. I do have some paint left of the greens in fact I have a full can of it. Let me know if that is the color you are needing.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the generous offer, but my colors are off white. Had I known Lowes was going to discontinue tuscan accents, I would have bought enough to complete all my rooms. :-(

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa, do you still have the green paint? that's what I'm looking for

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where I can find a lemony white like this?

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any business person cheating on the rules of a message board is sure to cheat their customers.

Posts: 732 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post