Message Boards


  • Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  Can you paint a laundry sink?
Can you paint a laundry sink? Sign In/Join 
I was planning to paint the counter in my laundry room with a Rustoleum countertop kit, then replace the stained, beat-up plastic sink. However, we discovered the sink is an odd size and we can't find another one to fit. The hole it was in cannot be cut to fit a standard size sink. I'm thinking my only option now is to keep the ugly sink I have or buy a new countertop (which I really don't want to do). Any ideas?
Posts: 158 | Location: Nashville | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Is it plastic or fiberglass? I believe there is an epoxy coating for sinks (I was thinking fiberglass, but may also work on plastic)

Check your local Lowes or Home Dep to see if they have any DIY products.
Normally I would not recommend painting sinks, but if it is just a cosmetic issue and you don't use it a lot with chemicals in contact with it, it may be a cheap way to deal with it.

If you do refinish it, I would use a plastic wash pan after for any harsh cleaning or pre-soaking to preserve the finish as long as possible.
Posts: 9663 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata    HGTV Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Decorating  Hop To Forums  Faux Finishing & Painting    Can you paint a laundry sink?