Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beadboard wall paper? Sign In/Join 
posted
Hey. We want to do beadboard as an accent wall. Has anyone used the paintable texture beadball wallpaper that's out there? Saw some at Lowes but was leery of it. Seems too good to be true almost? I ran my fingernail across the sample and it left a mark. Seemed to puff back up but maybe not all the way? Maybe once it's painted its stronger? Also, I didn't see any ingredients or make up for the product listed. Some types of plastics aren't good to breath in? Just because it's for sale doesn't mean it's good.. Help or ideas thanks.

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I have also looked at the paper at Lowes, but have not used it. I have been watching your post to see if anyone has experience with the paper. Marylee

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used it in my hallway. With a chair rail I was pleasantly surprised. It looks really good.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Helen, Thank you for your comment. The area where I am thinking of trying the paper is in my hall above my chair rail. My woodwork is white, so I would have to paint the paper. One good thing...it is not an expensive project and I would not be out a lot of money if I didn't like the final result. Thanks again. Marylee

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Noel Trent
posted Hide Post
I had used this bead board texture in my living area, it is giving a trendy look over there.

Posts: 19 | Location: USA, California, San Jose | Registered: Aug 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post